Walking and Tramping
Below are all the listings in this category.
- An overview of easy walks around Lake Coleridge Village and longer day and multi-day hikes on public tracks in the Lake Coleridge basin.
- 7 kilometre walking track - 5km flat and 2 km hill climb. Shorter options also.
- Lower Glenthorne has developed a series of linked walking / tramping tracks with routes suitable for people of all ages and levels of fitness.
- An easy walk around historic Lake Coleridge Village with self guided walking notes and map.
- From Algidus Road there is a sign and a marked easement over private land, which will take you to the summit along an unformed route. The walk should take about three hours return.
- The track starts off State Highway 72, the Inland Scenic Route, on the northern edge of the Rakaia River, upstream of the Rakaia Gorge Bridge. It is approx . 75kms from Christchurch
- One hour walk through native bush alongside Rockwood Stream.
- An alpine walking track through an ancient volcano. Waterfalls & Caves. Fascinating geology and botany.