Situated in the Canterbury foothills, this timber built three bedroom chalet represents the best of rural New Zealand.
The secluded Washpen Alpine Chalet is situated on the high country farm of Jen and Tom McElrea. It is surrounded by tussock grasses and bordered by a beautiful trout stream and native bush.
Situated at Windwhistle, the chalet is:
- An easy one hour drive from Christchurch.
- Six minutes from the Rakaia Gorge.
- Fifteen minutes from the Mt Hutt (ski field) access road.
On the farm you can see, and be close to, sheep, cattle, deer and horses. For exercise, there is the magnificent Washpen Falls Walkway.
The cottage is well equipped with all linen supplied, full kitchen facilities and an adjoining living area. A feature is the imposing open rock fireplace.
- 1 double, 2 twin bedrooms.
- 1 bathroom and 3 toilets.
Call us to enquire about costs per night and availability.